Please continue to visit this page as it will be updated regularly.
Planning to Visit?
Indoor visits will be starting on July 22, 2020, following guidelines as direct by the Ontario Ministry of Health.
Outdoor visits have been in effect since June 18, 2020.
To book your indoor and outdoor visit, e-mail email@example.com.
Please refer to the following resources to help you with facilitating your outdoor visits:
Grove Park Home’s Indoor Visits Guidelines (effective July 22)
Grove Park Home’s Outdoor Visits Guidelines (effective July 15)
Ontario COVID-19 Lab Results Portal
Map of Local COVID-19 Assessment Centres
The Chief Medical Officer of Health for Simcoe-Muskoka has advanced directions that prohibit long term care residents and clients of these facilities from leaving except under medically warranted circumstances.
Please share this information with family and friends who may visit. Note that our Adult Day Program/Senior Encounter is closed.
Programs & Dining
Communication with your loved one can be by telephone, we are now booking Facetime & Skype digital visits through our Programs & Volunteer Services department, please contact Kerry Guy to make arrangements.
Active Screening of all Employees remains in place. Please refer to the Ministry of Health online self-assessment tool.
We request that all visitors postpone their visit to Grove Park Home if any of the following apply:
If you have new or worsening of any of the following symptoms or signs:
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Runny nose, sneezing or nasal congestion (in absence of underlying reasons for symptoms such as seasonal allergies and post nasal drip)
- Hoarse voice
- Difficulty swallowing
- New smell or taste disorder(s)
- Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
- Unexplained fatigue/malaise
And have experienced any of the following:
- Have you travelled outside of Canada or had close contact with anyone that has travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
- Do you have a fever? A fever is a temperature of 37.8 degrees Celsius or greater.
- Have you had close contact with anyone with respiratory illness or a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19?
As per the Ministry of Health directive, all staff and students will continue to self-monitor for COVID-19 at home. Self-monitoring instructions available here.
All staff, students and volunteers and visitors should be aware of symptoms of an acute respiratory infection and be aware of the latest case definition.
If you’re experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 contact Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 or the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit at 1-877-721-7520.